Meatballs without Breadcrumbs
Whether you don’t eat bread or just looking for something different, try hemp seeds as a tasty replacement in your meatball recipe. Perfect for spaghetti or meatball sandwiches, these oven-baked meatballs are simple to make and full of flavor.
½ lb ground beef and ½ lb ground pork
¼ cup hulled hemp seeds
½ minced onion
1 clove garlic
½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
½ teaspoon of salt & pepper
½ teaspoon paprika
1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
Pinch of oregano & thyme
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Combine beef and pork in a large bowl. Use your hands to mix the meat together.
3. Add garlic, egg, onion, cheese, salt and pepper, paprika, parsley, oregano and thyme. Mix everything together.
4. Blend the hemp seeds into the mixture. It should be moist and hold its shape (if not, slowly add water).
5. Gently roll between your hands and shape into meatballs.
6. Place meatballs on a baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes.